littleBw

History

The Littlecourt owes it’s historic beginnings to Charles II and his mistress Nell Gwyn.

Their son was created 1st Duke of St. Albans and his direct descendant the 5th Duke built Violet Bank Cottage, which is now intact as part of Littlecourt Cottages.

In 1802 the property was left to the 5th Duke’s son the Lord Amelius Beauclerk, Admiral in the Channel Fleet and attendant of King George III at Weymouth.